There’s always something innovative and exciting happening at Mayahuel!
You’re invited to join us in celebration of the culture of Mexico.
Celebrating in the month of September 2015
Mexican Independence with ’tamales’ & ‘chiles en nogada’
Thursday September 10th 7-9 P.M. and Sunday September 13th 5-7 P.M.
5 COURSE DINNER BY LA SEÑORA BERTA $50.00
Please call to make reservations 916.441.7200. Limited Seating!
Tamales Artesenales de Hongos – Two hand crafted masa mushroom tamales with steamed onions and epazote. One covered with tomatillo sauce and the other covered with a tomatoe chipotle sauce. Serve with white rice and black beans.
Exhibition of tres Chile’s en Nogada – Poblano Chile, Pasilla Chile, and Jalapenõ. All chiles on one plate, stuffed with picadillo, a mixture containing ground pork and beef, aromatic fruits and spices topped with a walnut-based cream sauce, called nogada, and topped with pomegranate seeds, giving this dish the three colors of the Mexican flag: green for chile, white for the nut sauce and red for the pomegranate seeds.
Sweet México for Dessert – One sweet tamale with pineapple and coconut, the other with blueberry and cream cheese.
Just some of our events:
- Mezcale tastings, history and education
- Acclaimed guest chefs and special menus
- Mexican historians discussing the significance of foods throughout history
- Holiday celebrations such as Cinco de Mayo or Mexican Independence Day
- Art shows and artist receptions
- Tequila Aficionados presenting artisanal tequilas for tasting
- Cuisine pairings with Mezcales and Tequilas
- Special one-of-a-kind cocktails featured
- Featured musicians – music to touch your heart or make you want to dance